Mr Krishna Epari
I always wanted to be a surgeon. Growing up, my father was an anaesthetist and my mother a theatre nurse. So I had a fascination with surgery from a young age.
Krishna co-founded Upper GI West with fellow Specialist, Mr Alan Thomas in 2008. Their practice has grown exponentially to offer a multi-disciplinary approach – offering their patients an all-encompassing service to provide the best possible outcomes; including multiple specialist surgeons, bariatric physicians and dietitians.
Krishna is an Australian trained Surgeon. He was born and educated in Hobart where he graduated with Honours from the University of Tasmania. He relocated to Victoria to undertake a Fellowship in General Surgery. He subsequently completed a three-year sub-specialty training program of Upper Gastrointestinal, Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary and Obesity Surgery at Box Hill, St Vincent’s and Fremantle Hospitals.
Krishna returned to Perth in 2007 as a specialist Upper Gastrointestinal Surgeon with expertise in both Oesophago-Gastric and Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Surgery.
Krishna has interests in minimally invasive surgery including advanced laparoscopic procedures, robotic surgery, diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy and ERCP.
He has extensive experience managing malignancies of the Oesophagus, Stomach, Pancreas and Liver and has interests in Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery, Hiatus Hernia, Gastro-Oesophageal Reflux Disease, Gallstones and Abdominal Hernias.
I co-founded Upper GI West with fellow Specialist, Mr Alan Thomas in 2008. We offer a multi-disciplinary approach to provide the best possible outcomes for our patients.
Types of surgery
- Bachelor of Medical Science BMedSci (1994)
- Medicine Bachelor and Bachelor of Surgery with Honours MBBS (Hons) (1997)
- Medical Board of Australia
Memberships and Roles
- Australian Medical Association
- Obesity Surgery Society of Australia and New Zealand OSSANZ
- Australia and New Zealand Gastric and Oesophageal Surgery ANZGOSA
- Australia and New Zealand Hepatic, Pancreatic and Biliary Association ANZHPBA
- Avant Mutual Group Limited
- RACS Section of Upper GI, HPB and Obesity Surgery
- The International Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Association (IHPBA)
- The International Society for Diseases of the Esophagus (ISDE)
- Consultant Upper GI/HPB Surgeon, Fiona Stanley Hospital, Perth (2015 – Present)
- Consultant Upper GI/HPB Surgeon, Fremantle Hospital, Perth (2007 – 2015)
- ANZGOSA Board member (Current)
- ANZGOSA Database Subcommittee (Current)
- SJOG Murdoch Theatre Subcommittee (Current)
- RACS ASC Perth Scientific Convenor – Upper GI Section (2010)